Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Kathmandu, Nepal - Orphanage Visit

I went to the Himalayan Buddhist Mediation Center for a meditation practice session. The monk spoke about people being too extreme, using examples such as cults and vegetarians!
-Went back to the Indian Embassy, but could not get my visa, yet.

-Met with Raju and Shamsher to get plane tix to Lukla. Shamsher brought me to the bus and then to Sherpa Outdoor Foundation's orphanage. I met all of the kids there. It is a really great place for the kids, as they are learning to read/write and even speak some English. Gave the kids a geography lesson by telling them about my travels with a map. Played some soccer, and then Shamsher brought me to the bus stop. Arrived at Ratna Park and walked by Rani Pokhari Temple + the clock tower to Tibet Holiday Inn.
-Falafel and french fries pita for dinner under OR2K restaurant. Photos burned to DVD, shopped for trek gear, and called home.

No comments: