Sunday, September 28, 2008

Week of 9/22

9/22 Ride from Kim to Stony Ground School. Walked to Adult Education unit for class.
Helen from St. Lucia was there. Had discussion on potential sources of project
funding with Andrew Simmons. Avocado sandwich for lunch. After PACA session, we met with the cell phone salesperson. I talked to Helen for a while about my assignment
at LLBTC. Saw Lovie and Kim outside; we went grocery shopping together. I cooked up
some chunks with peas and rice for dinner. We watched Batman: Dark Night.
9/23 - Internship at Liberty Lodge BTC. Mrs. Wilson asked me to teach Raja and
Harris about angles. Jeffrey and Helen from Peace Corps stopped by and I showed
Helen around. We sat down to speak to Mr. Akers. After Helen left, Mr. Akers and I
went to the Ministry of Sports in town to meet with Nelson Hillocks. We discussed
many possibilities for sports at LLBTC. Mr. AKers introduced me to the people in
some of the other divisions (Gender Affairs, Community Development.) I grabbed a
double (wheat wraps with crushed chick peas and various sauces - pepper, golden
apple, and mango), and took a van back up to LLBTC. After lunch, I spent more time
with Raja and Harris to teach them angles. I then updated the antivirus software on
the computers. I watched the boys warming up to play the pan drums.
Kerene and I walked down towards Kim's parents house (Stephanie and Ben), and Anna
gave us a ride there in her car. Saw Kimberli, Shanelle and Janelle. Had some cherry/ginger juice.
9/24 Anna gave me a ride halfway to town. Did laundry, had roti for dinner (made by Lovie), went by Todd’s to use internet. Hung out with Chesley on the porch while I called Dad to say happy birthday. Also talked to Deborah and Billy.
9/25 Had sugar apple (like an apple with small green dreadlocks) with breakfast. Shadowing: Met with Faustina Lewis at the Youth Department. Discussed the upcoming Youth Month activities. Ann and Shawn were both there. Shawn and I went up to the Peace Corps office to talk to Mr. Cool. We then walked over to the Rasta Ranch for their “cook-up” lunch. Talked to Latoya. On my way to the Post Office, Shawn got harassed by some random guy, I ran into Vicky, then I ran into Sharon. Van back up to GH. Hung out w/Kerene and took some of my laundry off of the line. Had chunks and potatoes with rice and black-eyed peas for dinner.
-Went to Andrew Simmons’ lecture about Doc Earl Kirby at the National Trust Museum. Ann was also there. Walked most of the way back up to GH, when a van brought me up to the Plan. Said hi to Chesley before heading home.
9/26 Stopped by Liberty Lodge. During workout, did 65 pushups. Interview w/Cool. Got a Cell phone. Lovie's Dad's (Bobby) Bday – party delayed. Climbed coconut tree. Blackwine.

9/27 Vans to Chateaubelair. Richmond. Cliff diving and swimming. Party at Bobby’s house. Winding. A lady asked me for $20 after she had showed me some dance moves. It seemed very inappropriate.
9/28 Watched an adult baptism at Golden Age Center in the river. It was a great experience. Church in Byrea. Lunch at the Haynes’ house (macaroni pie, breadfruit salad, okra, zaboca, etc) Did 75 pushups.